Monday, October 20, 2008

Ten things I was reminded of from my 15 year old self

As a project during my freshman year of high school (it's dated January 9, 2001), the teacher told us to write a letter to ourselves four years from then and that she would give it back to us when we graduated. I found this letter recently (almost 8 years later) in a box under a box and was reminded of some rather strange yet familiar things. For some reason, I feel that this is what everyone's freshman-to-future-self letter would have looked like.

1) "high school rules!"
2) my "handwriting is terrible and [my] grammar is even worse, but [i'm] a rising guitar player"
3) inside joke: "take a brisk walk. a brisk walk in my ass!"
4) a song I once wrote called "monster coochie"
5) inside joke: "ten foot clown pole"
6) another song I wrote called "little punk rock girl" for a girl named Jenna Scharf.
7) "Call Laura Tuteral, your best friend, in Florida!"
8) inside joke: "carrot shop"
9) "before you judge someone, you must walk a mile in their shoes. Then turn around and judge them, because you're a mile away and now you have their shoes."
10) my handwriting looks the same and I still can't play guitar

No comments: